A Hamboard, which was made expressly for land surfing, is simply a longboard that is exceptionally long and looks like a surfboard rather than a skateboard. The Hamboard is the most recent addition to an outstanding bunch of new board sports originating from Huntington Beach, California.
The Hamborg family invented this unique surfboard on land, and they also perfected riding this exceptionally long LongBoard, hence the name “Hamboards.” The Hamborgs, whose family consists of five boys and parents, developed the surfing-style skateboard over the course of eight years in Huntington Beach, California.
Pete Hamborg is a firefighter, and all 5 of his sons are lifeguards. All of them are really fond of surfing. He understood that the amazing surfing experience he’d had for over 35 years was something that everyone would like to connect with. That is why he and his family invented the Hamboard. Pete believes that his innovation will allow people to genuinely experience the sensation of surfing without the need for water.
Hamboards is expanding, orders are soaring, and Pete and his family believe the Hamboards brand is rising in popularity. Pete claims that they want shark funding since they do not have enough funding to produce the number of longboards required to fulfill the demand. They want to bring the Hamboards to the rest of America so that everyone can experience surfing, even on land.
Our Review of Hamboards
In 2013, Pete appeared on Shark Tank episode 507, along with his cousin Donnie and oldest son Gus. They were looking for a $110,000 investment for 15% of their business.
Pete started his narrative by explaining how, when skating was first invented, the idea was to give riders the experience of surfing on a piece of wood by having them ride a skateboard. It has long been regarded as the unattainable holy grail of the skateboard business.
Robert Herjavec offered to invest $300,000 for 30% of the Hamboards business on the deal’s final segment on Shark Tank.
Pete and his family never had money problems, and their products were somewhat successful in the market. They were doing so well with their business that they required expert help to keep it under control.
After negotiating an arrangement with Robert Herjavec that benefited not just the family but also Robert personally. Not only in the American market, but even in the European market, Hamboards have seen tremendous growth.
Pros of Hamboards
- Flexibility -Longboarding helps you burn 4 to 7 calories each minute, making it an excellent cardio exercise. Longboarding, aside from being a wonderful aerobic and strength activity, also helps you develop your overall body flexibility.
- Balance -This activity is also excellent for improving coordination and general body balance. Hamboards offerlongboards that can help you balance with one leg. Also, when you step on a longboard, you will realize that shifting your entire weight from leg to two (and vice versa) isn’t as easy as it may seem to be.
- Increased Stamina – Longboarding helps build stamina because it requires constant movement, which causes your heart rate to increase. You also have to stand up on your board, which makes your legs stronger as well.
- Stress Reliever – Longboarding is a very enjoyable activity that helps clear your mind from all the stress that comes with daily life. You really are simply riding down the street, so there is nothing to worry about.
- Strengthening Muscles – Longboarding helps to strengthen your muscles because it requires you to push off with your legs when riding downhill or going uphill. As you lean into each turn while riding down the streets or hills, you will also develop stronger arms, back, and abdominal muscles.
Cons of Hamboards
- Heavy and Difficult to Transport- Longboards are generally bigger in size and thus are heavier than normal skateboards. The big size also makes it difficult to transport.
Who is Hamboards For?
Hamboards are longboards for people who want to have the experience of surfing without the need of hopping into the water. It’s basically a combination of a skateboard and a surfboard.
The Hamboards is designed for adults that want to go back in time and relive their childhood days but with an adult twist. The Hamboards is also perfect for teens who want to stay healthy and fit by staying active all day long.
Hamboards are mainly for people who want to have an easy time riding their boards without needing to get in the water. They also come in a variety of sizes and forms, allowing you to pick the one that best meets your requirements. They are ideal for new longboarders who are just learning the sport and don’t yet know how to use them.
Are There Any Alternatives?
There are many alternatives for Hamboards in the market, such as Stoked Skateboards, Black Diamond Sports, and Bustin Boards. However, Hamboards provide better quality and a smoother ride than other options.
Our Final Thoughts
Hamboards’ sales skyrocketed following its debut on Shark Tank. Hamboards have sold over $1 million since their start. They also control the market for stand-up skateboards. Even though they still do everything by hand, but they’ve relocated into a larger space and employed three more full-time staff. Robert Herjavec and Hamboards are on a roll.
To sum up, if you’re a longboarder who wants to have the experience of surfing without needing to go out in the water, or if you want your kids to be healthy and fit by being active, then the Hamboards are what you need. It is a combination of skateboard and surfboard, so you don’t need to worry about having to get in the water just to have fun.