Some of the products from Shark Tank are things you didn’t know you needed until someone introduced them; Plop star is one of them. It’s a little tablet that you can drop into the toilet bowl a few minutes before you sit down and drop the kids off at the pool.
It’s packed with essential oils that can make your journey to the toilet and those who come after you a lot more pleasant. Tyler Jay is the one who came up with the product which is a deodorizer that dissolves with relative ease.
Jay talks about how he used not to feel comfortable going to the washroom anywhere else, which made him look for an alternative that could make the trips to the toilet much less memorable. Jay is also a founder of a company called Tandem which causes all sorts of different products, so he’s not foreign to the concept of creating products and marketing them.
Now that we know a little more about the company, we can also look into how the Shark Tank Pitch went and how the Shark responded to the product.
Jay entered the business looking for $150,000 for 10% of the company. He joined the tank in a somewhat comedic way riding on the toilet, which seemed to amuse all of the guests. He explains the product and talks about the fact that it’s a tablet you can drop in the toilet, and the tablet itself is packed with essential oils that leave your bathroom with a citrus smell.
He also talked about the fact that he needed a portable deodorizer that he could have on hand so that he could take his number two in peace. He explains that the tablets are individually wrapped and are about 2 inches in diameter. A pack of 30 tablets costs $12.99.
After explaining his product, the sharks start an inquisition into the product. They want to know if he knows the market and its competitors. He responds to the questions by stating that he knows he has a significant competitor called Poo Pourri and wants to crush them and get ahead with selling these small tablets.
He also clarifies that he needs someone to partner with him to tackle the product’s growth and make the necessary decisions to expand the line. The Sharks can’t seem to envision the company’s growth or success, and that’s creating roadblocks in how they see things. Many of them feel like Jay doesn’t have a proper strategy to move forward, and that’s not great for them. So, they eventually all go out, citing that there isn’t enough information and data to see a return.
The company is still active now, and they sell their products religiously to anyone who wants to buy them. They are majorly available on Amazon and have also added a new product into the mix.
Our Review of Plop Star
Some products stand out because of the problems they solve, and Plop Star is one of them. They can help you deodorize any particularly bad poops. They are also one of those great products in terms of civil manners. Let’s look at some of the pros and cons of the product, even though the product itself wasn’t all that successful.
Pros of Plop Star
- It helps with nasty smells. You don’t have to worry about pooping in anyone else’s home or a public stall because you have the deodorizer on the go with you.
- It is portable. You can carry the tablets with you in your handbag. They don’t have to take up a lot of space and can easily fit into your pocket or even find their place in your wallet.
- It is discreet. No one will know that you’re using these because they are so easy to fit into small nooks and crannies that no one would know about you carrying them or having them in your home.
- They are polite. Foul odors are things people generally had no control over otherwise, but these tablets make your life a whole lot easier.
- They use essential oils. These deodorizers are like little bath bombs, except their made for toilet bowls. They don’t use any perfumes or chemicals that could potentially irritate your butt. Essential oils are safe and natural.
- They are convenient. You need no special instructions to have the tablets work for you. All you need to do is drop these tablets into the toilet bowl, and you’re good to go.
Cons of Plop Star
- They cost $13, meaning they’re almost 50 cents for each tablet. They might not give you enough value for the money.
Who is Plop Star?
Plop Star is for anyone afraid of going to the washroom outside their home. If you feel like you need to maintain an air of politeness, and this prevents you from emptying your bowels in public, then the plop star is the perfect product for you. It lets you take care of your intestines while ensuring you don’t spread any foul odor around.
Are There Any Alternatives?
There are many alternatives. There are deodorants and air fresheners that you could use to get rid of the bad odor in the bathroom after you have taken a poop. The biggest competitor to the Plop Star is the same product it’s trying to beat, the Poo Pourri.
Our Final Thoughts
A product like a plop star is necessary as it helps people have much easier lives. We spend the vast majority of our lives outdoors. Whether it’s at work or on some excursion and people are slowly realizing how vital bowel health is necessary. If products like plop star can make people more comfortable, it’s doing a great job. The Sharks chose not to invest in it, but the product has grown and maintained its ranks even amongst competitors.