Who doesn’t love doughnuts? They are a sweet, delicious, and super-moist snack you can have at any time of the day. Whether you are going on a road trip or want to stay in and enjoy a movie, nothing can beat the joy that a doughnut instantly brings to your life.
While having a doughnut every now and then is alright, they are definitely not one of the healthiest snack choices. However, what if we told you there was a way you could indulge in this delicious snack without worrying about consuming too much sugar?
Sounds tempting, doesn’t it? Well, The Dough Bar has you covered with the world’s healthiest doughnuts. Read on to learn everything you need about The Dough Bar.
The Dough Bar is a company that makes protein-infused doughnuts that serve as an alternative to protein bars and shakes. Apart from doughnuts, the company also sells a range of delicious cookies like pastry rolls and monkey bread.
The Dough Bar was advertised as protein bards disguised as doughnuts. The nutritional information of the doughnut is mentioned in detail on their website. A plain doughnut from The Dough Bar contains 150 calories, while a glazed doughnut contains 200 calories.
The Dough Bar started as an online business, but after receiving an overwhelming response from the market, the founders decided to open a brick-and-mortar location.
The owners of The Dough Bar wanted to expand their operations and make an appearance on Shark Tanking, seeking an investment of $300,000 in exchange for 15% equity. Marques started the pitch by pointing out that he is a professional bodybuilder. He then asked the Sharks what he would look like if he consumed doughnuts daily.
After going into detail about what The Dough Bar offers, Marques handed out samples of the protein-infused doughnuts, and the Sharks loved them! The owners also told the Sharks that the doughnuts could stay fresh in the fridge for three to four days.
The owners further mentioned that the upcoming year’s sales prediction was one million dollars; the Sharks were very impressed! The Sharks also asked about the percentage of repeat customers. Barbara then offered to invest 300,000 dollars for 20 percent ownership of The Dough Bar.
Final deal: A deal of 300,000 dollars in exchange for 20 percent ownership of The Dough Bar was finalized between Barbara and The Dough Bar.
After appearing on Shark Tank, The Dough Bar’s sales skyrocketed, which motivated them to introduce new flavors, including Oreo Cheesecake, Nacho Cheese, and S’mores.
If you are wondering if you can get your hands on these delicious doughnuts, we are sorry to share that they filed for bankruptcy and are no longer in business. The Dough Bar’s website says, “we’ll be back soon”! So, let’s hope we see them. For now, they’re just another Shark Tank failure story.
Our Review of The Dough Bar
Ondrea Siniari and Marques Ferndaz founded the Dough Bar, a husband and wife team who believed in eating healthy and staying active, which became their motivation to develop a snack that was a treat for the taste buds while being high in nutrition.
Besides protein-infused low-calorie doughnuts, the Dough Bar also sells crisp bars that taste just like Rise Krispy treats. Ondrea and Marques also wanted to give back to the community, so they decided to donate a portion of their sales to organizations that promote a healthy lifestyle.
From plain doughnuts to fancy seasonal offerings, The Dough Bar offers a range of healthy doughnuts that you will love!
Pros of The Dough Bar
- The biggest pro of The Dough Bar is that it is loaded with Protein, which makes it healthier than the average doughnut you can easily find.
- The Dough Bar doughnuts have significantly lower carbs and fats than other doughnuts, making them an excellent choice for people looking to eat healthy while satisfying their sugary cravings.
- They are made from yeast-based dough derived from a starch-free recipe. This recipe makes them very dense and filling compared to traditional doughnuts.
- Consumers have also reported them to possess a perfect texture and consistency, which makes the experience of consuming a doughnut genuinely pleasurable.
- The Dough Bar provides an excellent alternative to protein shakes and bars, providing consumers with a tasty and filling vibe. So, if you are bored of protein shakes and protein bars and want a change, The Dough Baris what you need!
- Dough Bars are baked and not fried, which prevents a greasy layer from forming on your hands when you are done eating.
Cons of The Dough Bar
- Consumers of The Dough Bar believe that whilethe consistency and texture are perfect, the taste of The Dough Bar doughnuts is somewhat different from a traditional doughnut. This fact must be kept in mind by someone expecting the exact taste of a doughnut while ordering a dough bar.
- Dough bars have a limited shelf life; while this may be an accepted fact for an average doughnut lover, it is a serious limitation for fitness enthusiasts as they would constantly have to restock the doughnuts if they want to make them a regular feature of their fitness diet.
Who is The Dough Bar for?
The Dough Bar is for:
- All fitness enthusiasts who have a strong sweet tooth but do not want to comprise their diet.
- Anyone wanting to have a donut without experiencing the guilt of feeling bad about it later.
- Health-conscious people who are seeking healthier alternatives to a normal average doughnut loaded with sugars and carbs.
Are there Any Alternatives?
So far, the best alternatives we have found for The Dough Bar are Wow! and The Protein Donut, which specializes in protein-infused doughnuts that are healthy and super delicious.
Our Final Thoughts
If you are a health and fitness enthusiast, the protein-rich doughnuts by The Dough Bar would have been the perfect healthy snack. They are low in calories and high in nutrition. However, despite their best efforts, the owners could not keep the business afloat and filed for bankruptcy. We hope they return to the market soon!